When you have a baby anxiety, self-doubt and exhaustion come along with this beautiful bundle of joy. There are so many good moments, but the difficult ones can bring us down. Meeting other people who understand you and support you, can help lift you up. No one wants to feel alone. However when you feel overwhelmed, tired and stressed out we normal isolate ourselves, which only makes matters worse. Connection is necessary, it’s just finding the right group of women.
Mom Friendly Places
Babies and Brews happens every Tuesday at 2pm at Grain and Grit. Moms can connect, bring thier babies and drink beer or kombucha. https://www.instagram.com/grainandgritbeer/ https://www.grainandgritbeer.com/
This is what Lindsay co-founder of Grain & Grit had to say about Babies and Brews:
The meetup is casual, it’s free, and everyone is welcome (Dad’s too, of course!). The attendance varies from week to week, but we usually have a packed house full of moms and babies, connecting with one another over a beer or a glass of kombucha in a safe and comfortable space. We get moms that come in groups to meet, and some who come alone and they always end up making new friendships and connections.
Here’s how this all came about — When I was a new mom, I found it hard to go from a very social working environment, to being alone with a baby all day. I craved connection, so meeting up with other moms in my neighbourhood helped me feel like I was part of a community and that I wasn’t alone. This is why we felt it was so important for us to use our tap room space to host a weekly meet-up like Babies+Brews, for new parents who are looking to connect and be part of a community.⠀
More Places to Meet New Moms in Hamilton:
- Donut Monster: a local donut shop that has hosted story time for kids and lots of coffee and donuts for parents. https://www.donutmonster.ca/
246 Locke Street South Hamilton, Ontario
- Messy Play Studio: Messy Play Studio provides sensory and creative experiences for children infant to 5 yrs. https://www.messyplaystudio.com/
- De La Sol Yoga Studios : Prenatal, toddler and family yoga. De La Sol also runs workshops for Moms on various topics such as baby massage. http://www.delasolyoga.com/
- EarlyON Child and Family Centres provide opportunities for children from birth to 6 years of age to participate in play and inquiry-based programs, and support parents and caregivers in their roles. These centres offer safe and welcoming environments open to all families across Hamilton, with qualified professionals and quality programs. Families and caregivers can find support, advice, make personal connections and access a network of resources at these centres. https://www.hamilton.ca/social-services/early-years-and-child-care-services/early-years-programs-services
- Hamilton Public Library: Story time for baby and family. Free events all year long such as Stay and Play:
Families with young children play, explore and discover together. https://events.hpl.ca/events
Mom Group: Moms Hamilton
There is no sisterhood like motherhood. Membership and events.
Our goal is simple- We make moms feel like they had a good day by doing something good for themselves and their babies.
Meet Shelbi organzier and coordinator of fun! She wanted to connect local Hamilton Moms together through local outings and events. https://www.instagram.com/momshamilton/
Where have you met your new mom friends? Let us know, comment below. We are all in this together. We are better together.