Playing sports is not easy. Have you ever played? I played volleyball and basketball on school teams. I wasn’t very good at volleyball, I was scared of the ball. I loved basketball and was pretty good at it. But it was school sports. Nothing too serious. Sports today are a whole different thing. Rep sports are very intense. It’s amazing to watch, but wow there is alot to think about.
So I asked my ten year old son how he keeps his head in the game. This is his advice.
- Plan ahead, anticipate the next move.
- Give it your best effort.
- If you make a mistake, shake it off.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- If you say you’re gonna have a bad game, you’re gonna have a bad game. Think positive!
This advice is great for any sport or life in general. Our children have more knowledge than we give them credit for. Ask them. Open up the conversation, you might be surprised with what they have to say.